Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mouse

[info] How to Jump with GW2C!

8 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted (edited)

First, press spacebar repeatedly! I kid, I kid. So lately we've had a lot of new players coming along and asking what we mean when we say "jump" for Tequatl or Tri-Wurm so here's a little something to cleat that up.

To begin with "jumping" is the term we give to everyone going to the same waypoint at the same time, we do this in an attempt to fill up existing maps and create a new one that we can taxi everyone into. There are a few preparations you need to make for this:

1. Make sure you are out of combat and cannot get into combat. This will prevent you from being able to waypoint with us.
  2. Make sure you are not in a party, being in a party when waypointing into a new map can cause a "bottleneck" effect. Essentially this means that the map is trying to reserve space for extra people that are not in the map, and in cases where the party is not 5/5 don't even exist. In order to prevent this early hardcap we insist that people do not jump while in a party.
  3. Make sure you do not have a commander tag on. This one is self-explanatory.

After the jump, please remain on the waypoint that was chosen. Commanders will be checking Splintered Coast waypoint for Tequatl & Firthside Vigil waypoint for Tri-Wurm so it is really important you are not at these waypoints.

Once commanders have found an empty map, they will tell you the IP of this map. You can check this by typing /ip into your in-game chat and the number shown will look something like example: 206.127.146.123:0 the important number here would be the 123:0.

If you are on the same IP that the commanders have announced then you can offer taxi's in TeamSpeak chat. You do this in the form of /join example name.

When offering taxi's:

• Accept 4 people into your party, don't leave a queue.
  • Always put your account name or the character that you are on so that people know who to join.
  • If all 4 people in your party get in and are not leaving, leave the party to free your taxi up.

If you are not in the correct map, you can then copy these taxis into your in-game chat and join on the person offering the taxi. Be aware that the person offering the taxi is NOT ALWAYS at the top of the party be careful who you join in as you could taxi on another player in the party that's also trying to get in. Always re-check your IP before leaving the party if you're unsure.

If you get the "kicked from party" message this does not mean you have been kicked, this message now shows for anyone declined after the 5th person is accepted into a party.

After you are in the correct map, for Tri-Wurm please stay at the jump waypoint. Commanders will do a player-count on the waypoint after the map has started to become full, if they do this and find a low number of people it's assumed that either the map could be bugged or another community is there. While on the correct map for wurm please avoid the following:

1. Please do not use map chat
  2. Please do not place anything that can be seen on the map, merchants, boxes of fun, bobblehead laborities etc.
  3. Please avoid emote spam, commanders often ask for players to "x" up in say chat for specific things and it can be difficult to count the x's if there are 5000 "playername cheers" in the chat. Emotes also have a wider range than say chat and so can be seen from further across the map. 

After commanders have determined that we have gotten a lot of the people on teamspeak in for Tri-wurm we will ask you to move to Firthside Vigil waypoint and stack up. Please do this quickly, the faster we get people stacking the faster we can get numbers sorted and the more time commanders will have to explain the event to anyone that is new to it. 

Edited by Birman
makus likes this

^10935F58E43CA4D3B4A5AA6CCB128B89CC86DC18BB3CB18B62^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

Guild Leader of Tyrian Elite Unit [TEU]

some additional infos about the map cap:

- most of the maps have space for around 150 people (hardcap)

- usually a new map (earlier: overflow) is created as soon as 100 people are on the same map (soft cap) and the 101st tries to teleport there without having a party

- as long as the map isn't softcapped you have a chance to get onto the same map without having a party due to same server, guild, friendlist, client language as the people already there

- if the map is softcapped you will not be able to get onto the map without having a party (taxi)

-> second reason for jumping without a party: being in party will teleport you to the same map as your partymembers and thus will lower the chances to create a new map

Also it is recommended to get out of the respective map. Logging out and logging back in immediately usually puts you in the same map instance you were before.

Sorkhatani Beki | Chono Razorgaze
ipcaax.png
"You lead when others would only follow. You see light, when there is only darkness."

Nice! I will link that during the jump explanation from now on. :)

barack obama animated GIF

Updated with new info pertaining to the kicked from party message.

Updated with info pertaining to the new taxi process of accepting 5 people into each party.

I only get in when a squadjoin is offered, not with normal join. I follow the rules so, why this happens? Also, why some commanders offer squad to jump and others don't?

The reason why getting in with normal join is a bit harder is due to current party bugs, so we did put squadjoin in test to see how it works, that's why sometimes you are gonna see it getting used, decision on which taxi system is gonna be used for a certain run is decided by commanders in the channel, and they normally tend to use a random person as a squadjoin to avoid followers joining commanders without being on TS. If you have seen a commander offering a squadjoin, mostly the reason is lack of time to set up a proper squadjoin. But that is again on the commanders to decide. All this is only for Tri Wurm event. On the other events commanders do offer squadjoin a lot more often.

It would be helpful if an lfg is put in place if the map is not filled, as i tried contacting one of the community managers in game, twenty minutes before the event, after joining the map, i found it empty so i left, then i relogged ten minutes later, and i was on the gw2 community server, which i wasn't able to join before as i was kicked from ts, immediately after being told to join. I tried to contact Commander Mousey in game but i received no response, even before the event had started, as i wasn't able to join the instance which gw2 community had created, as it wasn't clear in ts, or in game which commander i should join for which wurm, as only one of the commanders, had the appropriately coloured badge. I hope that communication improves in the future, as it is supposed to be a community after all, and the lack of the communication as to where to go in game, and the absolute stonewalling of veteran players, who have been long before gw2 community was created, and whom have also at least in my case, commanded a triple trouble wurm, the week of release, decidedly are a bit frustrated by the lack of information, and the inability of commanders to communicate appropriately information to their squads in game, when for the most part it should be a simple copy paste. As i literally just did Cobalt, and had not a word from the commander, and was told to join TS for the third time, after being kicked previously without notification, to join a new group.