Djeraya

Community Raid Guild

15 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted (edited)

Hey all,

I had the impression it's not easy to find a raid team. People are spread across different guilds and maybe you find 3-5 dedicated people in your guild depending on its size and then you need to ask around in lfg, friendlist, etc. On the other side smaller raid guilds appear in lfg from time to time, didn't really see they are very successful in creating teams though. In general with the lfg you never know what you get and you need to wait long until there is a chance to jump in with what class you have. Wouldn't it be great to have a pool of raiders inside the community? We have a lot of people attending our ts and our events. Hence I was thinking about a community raid guild, working as lfg/contactbase and maybe providing the possibility to create regular teams/dates/teachings.
What do you think? Do you already have a regular team with which you are happy? Can you raid with your guild frequently and spontaneously? Or are you a successful pug raider? Or have you been afraid to join an lfg yet while your own guildies are not interested in raiding?

Cheers

Edited by Djeraya
Just Unlucky likes this

Sorkhatani Beki | Chono Razorgaze
ipcaax.png
"You lead when others would only follow. You see light, when there is only darkness."

ID: 2   Posted (edited)

Has any progress been done on this? I would love to join a community raids guild to help me find people.

Edited by Turin

Well I didn't get any responses except for yours, so I assumed that the interest is not high and didn't found one yet.

ipcaax.png
"You lead when others would only follow. You see light, when there is only darkness."

I would be interested in something like this. Hopefully interest picks up.

I would be interested in this as well just started looking on gw2community forums and struggling to get practice with raids

I think this might actually be a good idea. It feels to me like those who started raiding from the start already got fixed groups by now. and so if someone tries to start raiding now it's rather hard to find a group willing to take you along. (unless you pay 200 gold of course)

also for my own fixed group, we tend to be in trouble the moment we lose one of our main people. would be nice to have back up. 

ID: 7   Posted (edited)

Apparently there already is a guild called "community raid guild". It was founded by White Wolf, who messaged me about its existance. It's quite full though already. It's more used as a raid lfg in the moment.

Edited by Djeraya

ipcaax.png

Djeraya, do you know how to get an invite to this raid guild? Am also interested. :)

@Kalia: Try messaging "White Wolf".

ipcaax.png

ID: 10   Posted (edited)

I have sent white wolf a pm in game really interested in joining

Edited by godsie

Have been checking friends list for over a week now, never seen this "White Wolf" online. :( Are there any other raid guilds to join?

Hello, Kalia! I'm usually online everyday but not for a lot of time. Just email me: White Wolf.3291

ID: 13   Posted (edited)

Np, sent a mail in game! Sorry, I must have been missing you all the time!

Edited by Kalia

Just got HoT a few weeks ago, spent about 6 hours "preparing" for various attempts at PUG raids over the week, this completely unacceptable and I as a rule don't try raid because of it. Yes there are raid guilds, but they're little more than ridiculous job applications. In 2 weeks I have only ever seen 2 "noob/all welcome" groups. "Experienced" PUG groups are nothing but a constant stream of leavers, triggered at the tip of a hat. 50+LI requirement. Wtf is LI, I still haven't done a raid? Oh, and that 50li req was on a group just to kill Vale Guardian, the vale, effing, guardian.

So, I guess I'm a little disenfranchised now because unless I am missing something, my $80 HoT purchase looks a lot like this;

All 4 new maps nothing but: complete meta/events for map chest key, chest farm, merchant/salvage/forge, rinse repeat

Raids, see above

Legendaries: actually ok, just don't have time for the grind

I have literally destroyed stacks of crowbars/chak acid, etc because I just cant be bothered to do a glorified "silverwastes" chestfarm with HoT map skins. At first it was fun because the maps were new, then I'm like whoa wait a minute, this seems familiar. Oh yeah SW farm.

Cruise (left)Ctrl!

I ended up rambling.

What I was trying to ask, was, is there somewhere I can find where people do PUG raids without joining a guild? From the Op, does that mean you don't have community raid "runs"?

ID: 15   Posted

Hi Guys is still ongoing? I have a group of about 5 people who get together every week and try with a few pugs but we are not that experienced. So would def be interested in this

Hi Guys is still ongoing? I have a group of about 5 people who get together every week and try with a few pugs but we are not that experienced. So would def be interested in this