Heaven Karma

What's your favourite TV show?

6 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted

What is your favourite TV show(s) of all time? What shows are you watching right now? Would you recommend them? Are they binge-worthy?

best-tv-shows-on-netflix

As a connoisseur of TV shows of sorts I have watched plenty of series. I do have many series I enjoy watching, however the three that I have enjoyed the most are:

1. Stargate SG1 - A sci-fi tv series spin off based on the movie of the same name. It has 10 seasons with 2 spin series of its own. I enjoyed every episode with a great cast including Richard Dean Anderson that delivered comedy and serious moments throughout the 10 years it ran. The story really opened my mind and to incredible possibilities that drove my interest in science.
  2. 24 - A ground breaking show that is a real must for any fan of action tv shows. The show basically followed Jack Bauer preventing terrorist attacks in 24 hours. A really enjoyable, tense and action packed series. It was a shame that it got cancelled but it got rebooted this year.
  3. Doctor Who - A favourite of mine since I began watching it since its reboot in 2005.

These are my personal favourite, however out of them I would only recommend 24 to most people as not everyone is interested in Sci-fi.

If you are, then I advise you to watch Blink from series 3 episode 10 of Doctor who. If you enjoyed that one episode, then watch Doctor who (2005) from series 1.

TV shows I'm watching right now are: Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Dark Matter, Supernatural, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Ironfirst, Shield, Flash, Arrow, Killjoys, iZombie, Sense8, The 100, Stranger Things, The Blacklist.....and much more. 

Anyway enough of my rambling. What tv shows do you enjoy?

ID: 2   Posted

My "serious" all time favourite is The 4400. Sadly this series doesn't have an ending and is already a few years old, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea ^^. The genre is sci-fi with a pretty unique plot and interesting character developement. If you give it a shot, keep in mind that the series will never conclude.
My comedy all time favourite is Parks & Recreations. I'm afraid I'm lacking words for discribing this hilarious master piece. The humor is priceless and the characters are absolutely amazing and unique. If you're up for some braindead laughter you should definitely check it out, if you can find it somewhere on the internet ^^

Right now I'm watching the new Blacklist season (halfway through, no spoilers plox). Before that: Sneaky Pete (amazing acting and exciting plot, can't wait for the next season) and Taboo (Tom Hardy as the bad boy? Good boy? Definitely outlaw - with some mystic touch). After Blacklist i will most likely move back to Sherlock (no explanation needed :D ).

ID: 3   Posted

I'm currently spending my time on "Under the dome". It's quite nice, if you can see past the obnoxiously bad acting by some of the cast. It's a decent time waster. 

I also tend to rewatch Rick & Morty - Bojack Horseman - Family Guy every now and then. Which reminds of the fact that I probably should catch up with South Park again...

On the side I spend my time watching Anime, which can be an endless timesink if you get sucked in too hard.

- I cannot confirm nor deny that I am in fact, a broom.

ID: 4   Posted

My "serious" all time favourite is The 4400. Sadly this series doesn't have an ending and is already a few years old, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea ^^. The genre is sci-fi with a pretty unique plot and interesting character developement. If you give it a shot, keep in mind that the series will never conclude.

I remember that series. Oddly enough I watched it french, but that's a small detail. I agree that the series was pretty interesting and it was a true shame that it ended the way it did. Have you heard of The Leftovers or Wayward Pines, I have a feeling you may enjoy those.

I'm currently spending my time on "Under the dome". It's quite nice, if you can see past the obnoxiously bad acting by some of the cast. It's a decent time waster. 

Ah, some Stephen King, very good choice Moo. But yeah, the acting was not really on point and the TV studio took the story in a different direction from the original. Well that's to be expected with any live action adaptions. If you want some more of King, then you could try Haven, or The Dark Tower (yup it is getting a TV series too from what I heard) when that comes out.

@Heaven Karma nope, never heard of those two series, but i might give it a shot if I ever reach the end of my huge "to watch"-list :D

On 15-7-2017 at 6:59 PM, Heaven Karma said:

If you want some more of King, then you could try Haven, or The Dark Tower (yup it is getting a TV series too from what I heard) when that comes out.

Thanks, I'll look into those once I get through my backlog!

- I cannot confirm nor deny that I am in fact, a broom.